Monday, September 27, 2010

Moose


My character Moose, is something that I have not quite become accustomed to in this new strange environment of so many different aspects but the creative possibility of it draws me through the system behind it that allows so much freedom. But i suppose that's because I haven't used my second persona much, because the unfamiliarity of adapting to a second face is something that... frightens me in a strange manner, that I don't necessarily want to get used to immersing myself in a different identity.

I guess it’s because it’s not just playing a game anymore, because the idea behind the program has been widely recognized now as not a game, but what is being perceived as basic virtual reality in the 21st century. I stopped playing videogames in elementary school and because of that I find entering this different realm of technology and media to be a little intimidating because of the jump that I’m making from basic gaming to this start in virtual reality where life can become much more involved in this form of technological immersion.

I don’t intend to make this a large part of my life, but more as a way to efficiently use the basic 3D modeling and to see how I can bridge this program with Maya and to see what I can make out of both programs connecting with each other and almost feeding off of each other.

I guess we'll see though. I hope that I will be able to stylize Moose to something that I can come to appreciate more than just what I see as a gamepiece right now, that he may form something that really does become something more personal to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment