Sunday, October 31, 2010

Nike Greycloud: Update



The more time I spend on Second Life, the more my interests begin to deviate from interactions with other Avatars. I think my lack of interest in meeting other Avatars may stem from feelings of distraction when I converse on Second Life. I usually have a goal when I sign on, such as building an object, discovering a new location, taking a photograph, or writing a script.



Lately, I have enjoyed taking photographs in Second Life, the images mostly depict various landscapes. These landscapes are simulations/abstractions of reality, and I like how this abstraction is taken one step further through the screenshot. I have also been trying to build objects in Second Life, objects that can be brought into / created in this virtual world, but cannot be brought out. It is hard for me to get used to this method of object making; it is almost too simple, the interface having fewer options to manipulate a form. I am in the process of learning how to bring objects from Maya, or other programs, into SL. This process has been confusing for me, but I am determined to figure it out. Once I am successful in bringing more objects into SL, I will play around with giving these objects scripts. Although i am not extremely interested in interacting with other avatars, I would like to leave objects behind for avatars to interact with. The objects become an extension of myself, and the actions the avatars perform are voluntary, as they decide whether or not to click on the given script.




No comments:

Post a Comment